Hoya UX II is the renewed series of Hoya UX filters, newly incorporating 10-layer HMC-WR coating with water-repellent features, based on Hoya’s popular HMC Hoya Multi anti-reflection coating that provides fingerprint and smudge resistance. Hoya’s UX (for ‘user experience’) II series is a standard class filter, designed for entry level users who require filters at an affordable price. Though not visible to the naked eye, UV rays may affect the image when shooting in locations like seaside or mountainous environments, resulting in blurred contours or faded and whitish images. The UV filter suppresses the UV spectrum contained in daylight that mainly causes these poor effects on the images, for vivid images with increased sharpness and clarity, and less haze. And by keeping it constantly attached, the UV filter also serves as everyday lens protection.
* UX II UV filter provides essential protection
* Anti-reflection coating prevents unwanted reflections
* Also increases light transmittance
* Water-repellent coating has been added to the anti-reflective coating
* HMC-WR coating repels water drops
* Makes it easier to clean the filter surface from dirt or fingerprints
* Slim frame assures no vignetting even for wide angle lenses